Ok, not really. Unless you want to ride to work in a ball gown, then by all means Bike to Work like the Princess you are!
Tomorrow is the 2012 Colorado Bike to Work Day and it also happens to be Bike Night, too! Bicycle Longmont and the City of Longmont have done a stellar job lining up a total of SEVENTEEN! (17) stations for your cruising pleasure!
The list includes 13 breakfast stations and 4 after-work stations. Tomorrow morning you will get anything from pancakes (Civic Center, 350 Kimbark Street) to Santiago's Breakfast Burritos (Twin Peaks Mall, (near the RTD Park N' Ride at the SW corner of Twin Peaks Mall), the YMCA (9th & Lashley), Johnston Chiropractic (Mtn. View & Hover Road), and Ace Hardware (17th & Main Street)! Panera Bread is donating bagels to all 13 stations as well. Great Harvest will provide bread slices and other goodies at the Longmont Musuem, too! In addition to these fine foods, you'll find a variety of fruit, Lara Bars, biking information, and drinks.
1. Flight Deck @ the Airport off Airport Road
2. Vics Coffee @ Nelson & Airport Road
3. Mr. Bean - Coffee Shop near 17th & Hover
4. Johnston Chiropractic at Mountain View & Hover - Breakfast Burritos
5. Longmont United Hospital
6. Twin Peaks Mall - Breakfast will be near Dillards in the SW corner
of the parking lot - Hot Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos
7. Ace Hardware - 17th & Main Street
8. Civic Center - 350 Kimbark Downtown - Hot Breakfast - Pancakes
9. Java Stop - 3rd & Main Street
10. Starbucks at 17th & Pace
11. YMCA at 9th & Lashley - Hot Breakfast - Breakfast Burritos
12. Red Frog at Harvest Junction - Ken Pratt Boulevard
& Main Street
13. Longmont Museum - Quail Road
For your post-work ride we've got you covered. Oskar Blues Brewery will host riders at both the Homemade Liquids & Solids location (Hover & the Diagonal) as well as the Tasty Weasel. Riders will enjoy $2 pints at HMLS and the first 50 to the Tasty Weasel will get Water Bottles and stickers!
Lefthand Brewery's Tasting Room will specials for Cyclists, too!
Menchies, Longmont's newest Yogurt shop will have special deals to cool you down, too!
Following the Bike to Work day festivities run home and grab your cruiser and join us for a fun trip around Old Town. We'll meet at Roosevelt Park at 6:30pm and cruise the streets, Art Alley and the Historic Eastside Neighborhood.
Fourth of July there will be a Bike Night - however, we will need a ride leader for this ride!
I will be in Hawley Minnesota for that week.
Enjoy the day, stay cool and get ready for Bike to Work Day and Bike Night, tomorrow!