Saturday, May 19, 2012
The ground is already shhhakin!
We're back for another great season starting Wednesday May 23rd. We'll meet at Roosevelt Park in the south parking lot adjacent to the Senior Center. Meeting time is 6:30p and we'll get rollin' around 6:40.
This year will mark our 10th Season. I'm super excited to have you all back again. I'm even more excited to see who you'll bring with you. We have a lot of fun things in store. We'll announce themes in June. We'll also attempt a flash-mob. Not sure how that's gonna work but, hey I wasn't sure how Bike Night would work just 9 short years ago!
So dust off the cruiser, or whatever you own, grab a stick of Juicy Fruit and join us! Bring your spouse bring your kids, bring a few strangers. The more the merrier.
One quick note about kids - You (the parent) should be comfortable with your child riding on streets and down hills. You should also be aware that there will be more than 100 people and we'll be riding at a comfortably slow pace for approximately 60 - 90 minutes on open streets. Riding on sidewalks is not cool. I don't recommend kids on striders or training wheels. We WILL have a kids specific Bike Night during June where training wheels will be A-OK, just not on regular rides.
Here are our rules:
1. Have Fun
2. Have Fun
3. Bike Night is NOT a race.
4. If there is a car behind the group someone will yell - CAR BACK - which means move to the right and let the hulking mass of metal by.
5. IF there is a car ahead - if I don't yell, the kids by me will yell - CAR UP! - which means move to the right or be crushed from the front.
6. There will be times when I will tap a few adults to help the group cross intersections.
7. If we are progressing through a traffic light and the counter gets to 1 second STOP! We will wait for you at the next stop sign. Don't run the red.
8. Lastly, HAVE FUN!
Please review these with your kidinski's and be sure they have a helmet and their bikes are good to go!
See you wednesday, Wednesday, WEDNESDAY!! 6:30pm Roosevelt Park.